Based on multi-frame fusion along with the precise characterization of sensor and lens properties, Almalence Super-Resolution allows to capture details beyond the sensor pixel count and density, and achieve higher SNR beyond the limit imposed by pixel size.
Unlike upscaling and sharpening techniques, creating an illusion of a more detailed picture, Almalence Super-Resolution actually reconstructs fine details (scientifically speaking - achieves MTF beyond the Nyquist limit of the sensor, or, simpler, captures the details smaller than a pixel), providing images and video which could be only captured with a higher resolution camera with bigger pixel size.
Almalence Super-Resolution is used in:
- Smarphones to enable high-quality lossless zoom (our customers achieve the top DXOMARK Tele Zoom scores);
- Medical cameras to allow doctors to see more with the smallest endoscopes;
- Machine vision cameras to achieve robust objects recognition in adverse conditions;
- VR/AR head-mounted displays to enhance the picture quality of see-through cameras;
- Laptop cameras to achieve high picture quality whilst keeping thin bezel;
- IoT, drones, and other industries - wherever the picture quality is limited by camera size, pixel count, or lighting conditions.